The LM3915 is a monolithic integrated circuit that senses analog voltage levels and drives ten LEDs, LCDs or vacuum fluorescent displays, providing a logarithmic 3 dB/step analog display. One pin changes the display from a bar graph to a moving dot display. LED current drive is regulated and programmable, eliminating the need for current limiting resistors. The whole display system can operate from a single supply as low as 3V or as high as 25V.
- 3 dB/step, 30 dB Range.
- LEDs, Bar or Display Drives.
- Bar or Dot Display Mode Externally Selectable by User.
- Expandable to Displays of 90 dB.
- Internal Voltage Reference from 1.2V to 12V.
- Operates with Single Supply of Less than 3V to 25V.
- Inputs Operate Down to Ground.
- Output Current Programmable from 1 mA to 30 mA.
- Input Withstands ±35V without Damage or False Outputs.
- LED Driver Outputs are Current Regulated, Open-collectors.
- Outputs can Interface with TTL or CMOS Logic.
- The Internal 10-step Divider is Floating and can be Referenced to a Wide Range of Voltages.