The ADC0804 are CMOS 8-bit successive approximation A/D converters that use a differential potentiometric ladder—similar to the 256R products. These converters are designed to allow operation with the NSC800 and INS8080A derivative control bus with TRI-STATE output latches directly driving the data bus. These A/Ds appear like memory locations or I/O ports to the microprocessor and no interfacing logic is needed. Differential analog voltage inputs allow increasing the common-mode rejection and offsetting the analog zero input voltage value. In addition, the voltage reference input can be adjusted to allow ncoding any smaller analog voltage span to the full 8 bits of resolution.
- Compatible with any microcontroller access time – 135 ns.
- Easy interface to all microprocessors, or operates “stand alone”.
- Differential analog voltage inputs.
- Logic inputs and outputs meet both MOS and TTL voltage level specifications.
- On-chip clock generator.
- 0V to 5V analog input voltage range with single 5V supply.
- No zero adjust required.
- 0.3″ standard width 20-pin DIP package.
- Operates ratiometrically or with 5 VDC, 2.5 VDC, or analog span adjusted voltage reference.