This is a breakout board for the fully integrated Hall Effect based linear ACS712 current sensor. The sensor gives precise current measurement for both AC and DC signals. Thick copper conductor and signal traces allows for survival of the device up to 5 times overcurrent conditions.
The ACS712 outputs an analog voltage output signal that varies linearly with sensed current. The device requires 5VDC for VCC and a couple of filter capacitors. Please keep in mind that though the ACS712 is rated for 2.1kV isolation, the PCB it is on is not designed for that type of voltage. Please keep that in mind if you are using this breakout in high voltage applications.
- Low-noise analog signal path
- Device bandwidth is set via the new FILTER pin
- 5 µs output rise time in response to step input current
- 80 kHz bandwidth
- Total output error 1.5% at TA = 25°C
- Small footprint, low-profile SOIC8 package
- 1.2 mΩ internal conductor resistance
- 2.1 kVRMS minimum isolation voltage from pins 1-4 to pins 5-8
- 5.0 V, single supply operation
- 66 to 185 mV/A output sensitivity
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis
- Ratiometric output from supply voltag
There are no reviews yet.